Saturday, October 22, 2011

How to Get White Marks off Dark Wood

This REALLY works!  It so works!  I couldn't believe it, but my curiosity got me.  It all started when someone in my home (who shall remain nameless)....um....ok, ME, put a serving plate on the table.  I did not pay too much attention to the fact that the potholder was a bit damp.  Well, it left a white ghost mark on my dining table.  I about died!

Well, I had once heard that ash, yes...ash from your grill will get rid of the mark.  So, I marched out to the barbecue grill (got some nicely charred ash) and brought it in.  I shook the ash onto the spot and rubbed it in with a soft cloth.  Sure enough...the mark disappeared.  I topped it off with a little olive oil because olive oil is good for everything, ya'll! 

I am happy, the kids are happy, the whole world is now happy because my table is restored! 

Glory!

1 comment:

  1. and I am SOOO HAPPY...

    your lovely table..eeeks. I can imagine..

    Wow..now GRILLING is more important than ever!

    and oh my...OLIVE OIL...of course to the rescue in all things..even my homemade handscrubs!!

    Yea for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment...share the love!