Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mushrooms Popping Up All Over the Place!

Well, it rained a bit yesterday....first all day rain I've seen in a while.  Reminded me very much of a normal day in New York.  I even had the sinus headache to go with it.  But, today I ventured outside.  The rain stopped, the birds were singing, and I went outside.  I was surprised to find mushrooms...lots of them...colonies of them.  The mushrooms were not there the day before yesterday....but today, they were standing fast as if they had always been there. 

I thought about them a minute.  They looked so cute.  But, I remembered that I had been taught that although they may be cute on the outside, they may be filled with a deadly poison.  I immediately thought of the "root of bitterness."  My KJV says " Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God' least any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;" Heb 12:15.  Those mushrooms made me aware that bitterness can "spring up" suddenly, from out of nowhere if the seed/spore is there.  It may be unseen, but it may be there waiting to take root.  So, I did a inventory of my spirit, cleaned it out through prayer and scripture reading, and moved on with the day.  Now, I think I'll get the lawnmower out to get rid of the little buggers.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN...GREAT post and very very thought provoking..and as you say's...it is needful for self exam and get those spores OUT before they sprout!

    Sorry you had to have the headache...

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment...share the love!