Saturday, December 17, 2011

Craft Storage Hiding in Full View...TV Armoire Redo

My Armoire Redo

What do you do when you've outgrown the humongous television armoire?  Mine is part of a beautiful bookcase/entertainment center and our new flatscreen wasn't going to be housed inside of the armoire.  

What would you do?

Well, I thought about it for quite some time.  At the same time, I was groaning within myself that I was without my much coveted "craft room" that I had in my former home.

So, I thought about the Proverbs 31 woman, who I am sure was a crafter.  And, I am sure she would know what to do with that piece of furniture.  

Then, it hit me!  Bammo!

"Self!", I said..."I will make it into a craft armoire," said I.  

So, off to the dollar store I went.  Most of the items I had on hand but a few things I purchased such as the little shower hangers that I have put on the doors to hold taperunners, scissors, etc.  I purchased the bulletin board at Staples (for $3) and placed that over the giant hole that was in the back for the wires.  The photo is pretty self explanatory.  But, with a little thinking outside of the box, oh what a wonderful new thing I have.

Bling!  I am soooo smiling right now!  

So, try it out yourself.  And, next time you are thrifting, you might just look at that old television armoire in a whole new light.  

Happy DIY!


2 comments:

  1. Well...get a load of that!!!!

    I think "self" did a wonderful job and told you the right thing to do!!!

    That is just awesome..and then hid from sight...sneeky!!

    Now...Aubrey..I'm afraid would PAINT it..but I know that it looks lovely just where it is and hidden amongst the best of decor!

    I have a plastic shower caddy if you want it! LOL a BIG one!!!

    Lets see I also have this ...never mind. Things just don't look the same anymore do they.. I just kept looking at my gum holder in the car..this had got to be upcycled..yep, holds little thingys...so there you go. I'll save you a collection!

    LOVE YOUR "NEW" Craft cabinet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you : ) I was on a crafting mission. I do love having everything handy and in one place. I even keep my wrapping paper rolls in it, with bows, ribbon, etc. As for painting it, maybe when I was younger : )

    Now, you are going to have to show me what you did with your gum holder.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you comment...share the love!