Thursday, January 12, 2012

Barbara's Yummy Eggs in a Mug

What a wonderfully delicious surprise!

While I was intensely fixed upon my laptop, my daughter surprised me with a lovely breakfast in a mug! She prepared a mini omelette in one of my Longaberger coffee mugs.

It was delicous! It was so delicious, and clever, that I decided to take a picture of it and share it with you. (But, i took my picture after I already had my spoon in it and mixed it up) heehee




So, here is her recipe:

2 eggs
2 Tbs milk
2 Tbs shredded cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, and chili pepper to taste
pinch of chopped parsley (optional)
squirt of hot sauce (optional)

Spray the inside of your microwave safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add eggs and milk, beat until blended.

Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave about another 30 seconds until eggs are set.

Top with cheese, season with salt, pepper(s) and parsley.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. First I ADORE your NEW LOOK...wowzie..ooh la la!

    GOOD for BARB!!! takes after her CHEF mom!!! What is the feminine of CHEF..mmm CHEFEE'? (like Renee') hee hee

    How thoughtful of your daughter..afterall..YOU do so much for her..nice that she definetly APPRECIATES her wonderful mom!

    I have a fabulouso cookbook to show you that my mom just sent me...We need to have a cooking day for THIS BOOK!

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see you and the new cookbook! It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, Love the mini omelette. I often do my morning egg in the microwave however this would not take a lot of time. It would make one feel very special.

    What a sweet daughter and thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for following, I am following back. I am so glad to hear that you are near. Some of us local girls are trying to connect. I know of a couple of girls in Savh and one in Statesboro. I will try to put together a list. It would be fun to meet for lunch at some time.

    Thanks again for following and blessing,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting, it is so uplifting to me. Yes, my daughter is a pretty sweet girl...she is baking oatmeal raisin cookies for her brother as we speak : ) I am pretty close to you and am in Savannah quite a bit. My dear friend, who I have a link to at A Creative Heart is in Beaufort. I know she would love to come along and meet you all as well. Please let me know about it. Have a blessed day!

      G

      Delete

Thank you for you comment...share the love!