Friday, July 13, 2012

Just being quiet - an unexpected meeting

Life sometimes gets so busy.  Life happens.  The days just whirl by.  I don't know about you, but my days have been a blur lately.  There was one day, recently, where I actually had no where to be!  I could not believe it.  I kept checking my calendar just to be sure.

It was a wonderful day!

I kept hearing a voice staying, "Be still..and know...that I am God."

So, I went out on my front porch and just sat.  Usually, I sit in the backyard overlooking the lagoon.  For some reason, today was different.  I opted for the front porch.  It was wonderful.  There was a slight breeze, and the Spanish Moss was just gently swaying in the trees.  I could smell a mix of cedar and gardenia as the breeze carried it by.

I felt like I was being watched.  So, I sat still a little bit more.

About five feet away, a visitor sat on a limb, camouflaged in the Spanish Moss.  He sat and watched me for quite some time.  I was amazed at how intrigued we both were with each other.  He patiently waited while I went in the house to retrieve my camera.  I think he was a Cooper's Hawk.  Quite handsome and quite large with brilliant colouring.  What a photo I took!  I thanked him for his kindness, and sat a while longer.



"Be still...and know...that I am God" popped in my head again.

Then, he was gone.

I am so thankful I did not miss out on the special meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment...share the love!